Hong Kong Visa


Category: visa


Question: Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?

Passport holders of certain countries or holding certain passports DO NOT need a visa to visit Hong Kong during the specified visa-free period.

For more details at:    Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region



Question: Who will need a visa?
Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay longer need to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese Embassy.

As an alternative, you may submit your visa or entry permit application to the HKSAR Immigration Department either directly by post or through a local sponsor.


Hong Kong Immigration Department
Immigration Tower
7, Gloucester Road
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2824 6111
Fax: (852) 2877 7711



Question: How can I apply a China Visa in Hong Kong?

You may obtain your visa by yourself from Visa Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China; it is opened from Monday to Friday.


You need to bring following documents with you to obtain a China visa:


1)a recent passport-size photo.

2)Passport which needs to be valid at least more than 3 months.

3)Usually you can get the visa within one working day. Cost 100HK$ or more.

4)Fast process is available when paying 150HK$.

5)Their Address (Please call them before you go to their office): 5th Floor, Lower Block, 26 Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong Tel: ++852-25851657 OR ++852-25851680 OR ++852-25851794


More questions: What documents do I need for entering China?

More Questions and Answers


Category:      tour      cruise       train       flight       hotel       Others